ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Educating Cancer CareGivers for their wellbeing & improved patient outcomes
AzMN was founded in June 2004 by Barbara B. Kavanagh. Our members are cancer patients, families, caregivers, health care professionals, volunteers and others concerned about cancer. AzMN is a nonprofit charity (501)(c)(3) organization that conducts outreach Events and Educational programs for Arizona cancer patients, their families and caregivers, with special consideration for the under served: African American, Asian /Pacific, Hispanic American and Native American. CCAZ is a subsidiary affiliate of AzMN.
• Continue to build a network of support and resources for cancer patients, their families and caregivers.
• Increase knowledge about cancer research through community cancer awareness programs and seminars.
• Encourage stronger cancer patient advocacy through training and education.
• Provide culturally appropriate cancer information and outreach to the under-served.
• Develop a collaboration of cancer patients, science, business and the community to support cancer research, and improve cancer treatment for all
To provide the most up to date information on Caregiving for Cancer Patients through symposiums, workshops and meetings open to all free of charge.
Help others to find informative resources to learn about Cancer and how it is treated
Identify resources for more information on clinical trials and research progress
Alerting patients to Arizona support group locations, specialist doctors and medical facilities with specialized Cancer experience
Providing local guidance, training and information to support groups throughout Arizona
Bringing more awareness of the growing Cancer diagnosis and demands of the Cancer Caregivers to Arizona residents
Emphasis on creating awareness of Cancer diagnosis and early detection in the African-American, Hispanic and Native American populations of Arizona
Liaison with other national and local organizations focused on all forms of cancer
Provide state and local government departments with information about Cancer CareGivers AZ & AzMN’s activities to gain their support where appropriate.
Our Mission is to Promote Collaboration, Build Awareness, Provide Education and Resources that Build Caregivers Skills and Advocate for Improved Treatment and Quality of Life for Cancer Patients, their Families, and All Cancer Caregivers.