ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Victory Over Parkinson's
Summit would like to share some staggering statistics:
• More people have Parkinson’s disease than multiple sclerosis, muscular dystrophy, and Lou Gehrig’s disease – combined.
• Parkinson’s disease is second only to Alzheimer’s disease. Parkinson’s disease has a current rate of occurrence that predicts PD to be the number one neurodegenerative disease in 10 years – if left unchecked.
• The biggest risk factor is age. The average age is 60.
• Men are more likely to develop Parkinson’s disease.
• If you have a parent or sibling who is affected, you are 2 times more likely to develop Parkinson’s disease.
We are dedicated to changing these statistics.
Summit, having launched a promising answer addressing the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease, dares to look outside the box at new and innovative evidence-based regenerative medicine (non-embryonic stem cell) research.
Summit continues its maverick approach looking for the answers to long-standing questions of:
“What is the <i>CAUSE</i> of Parkinson’s?” and
“What is the <i>CURE</i> for Parkinson’s disease?”
Summit for Stem Cell Foundation’s mission is to support, educate and raise awareness about the development of today’s and tomorrow’s evidence-based regenerative medical therapies focused on Parkinson’s disease and other neurodegenerative disorders. It is our goal to empower patients, physicians and caregivers with information to elevate their understanding in order to manage their healthcare.